Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Pillows


The Pillows are my favourite Japanese band, so I simply must do a review of sorts (more like all-out praise). To be honest, I only have a couple albums of theirs that aren't licenced to the rad mini-series Furi Kuri (FLCL).

I have introduced many people to this band and nobody so far hasn't absolutely loved them. The guitars aren't overpowering, and they use so many different techniques with their guitars, too. They play so melodically, and then bam! They rock the casbah hardcore.

The Pillows are one of those bands you can play while you're hanging out with a group of people, or all alone. They're loungey, without being classically lounge. They only sometimes sing, and when they do, it's crazy amazing! Their melody is stunning, and they don't even try. I pop in one of their CDs every time I have guests, or when I'm sitting on the couch reading... simply put, it's music to listen to.

Ultimate amazing band: 1000/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment