Sunday, March 8, 2009

Minimum Maximum


I was excited to bring home a free poster advertising Kraftwerk's DVD of their 2004 world tour, and doubly so when my boyfriend brought home the DVD itself. I could have worn a hole in the disks (oh wait, they come with holes!) from watching it so much. It's great to watch in bed, and as background video at home gatherings. Moog synths are popular here around the house.

This 2-disk DVD release comes packed with what I think is the very best of Kraftwerk. I was thrilled to hear the band open with The Man-Machine. I think it's my favourite track. The band gets animatronic during the song Robots (of course), which I found super fun, because I'd never seen them perform that way before. The dvd show is a truly profound audio and visual spectacular.

Kraftwerk is a band that's way ahead of its time, and still might be. I wish I had been exposed to them when I was younger.

10/10 for visual amazement. 10/10 for the best-of quality of the selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment